A denture is a prosthetic device that acts as a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. Dentures help patients with missing teeth to improve their speaking, chew food, and improve facial aesthetics. If you have one or several missing teeth, the gap can lead to a sunken appearance to the lower face. This malfunction can affect the aesthetics of your face and can be corrected or prevented by replacing the teeth with dentures.
There are two types of dentures available -- complete and partial dentures. Complete dentures are used if all the teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used if some natural teeth remain.
Dentures are made to naturally replicate the gum tissue while giving the proper structure and support for lips, cheeks, and face. Dentures for aesthetic purposes can be custom made to provide the best fit and match your teeth's color, shape, and size. It can be adjusted based on each individual's age, gender, and unique facial qualities.
Advantages of dentures
- Dentures can be customized as per the requirement of the patient, ensuring a perfect fit.
- Partial dentures can be used to restore just a few missing teeth as well.
- Dentures make your face appear fuller as they fill the cheeks and chin, making you look younger.
- Dentures completely restore oral aesthetics, as it can be custom-made to mimic the gums and the dental-grade ceramic teeth look exactly like natural ones.
- Dentures can help restore the functionality of teeth allowing patients to bite and chew food like they always used to.
- Dentures are highly durable and can last for many years with optimum care.
- Dentures are the best means to restore multiple teeth, as dental bridges or implants wouldn't suit this purpose.
- You can take off the dentures as and when required, such as before going to bed or when you have to clean them.
Dentures Supported by Dental Implants
Advancement in dentistry techniques has provided many attractive, functional, and effective restorations than ever before. By combining implant dentistry and denture restoration technique, our dentists can provide you with a denture that performs and looks best.
Some of the benefits of implant-supported dentures are as follows:
- Implant-supported denture stays in place.
- The denture won't slip when you eat, speak, or laugh.
- Even if it is an implant-supported denture, it can still be removed.
- The discomfort of dentures sliding on your gums is eliminated
- Dental implants improve the strength of the bone under your teeth.
Replacing missing teeth is essential to regain your oral health and the aesthetics of your smile. Dentures, dental implants, and dental bridges maintain your bite's alignment and prevent other teeth from tilting and shifting into the missing tooth gap, giving you a beautiful smile.
Please get in touch with us through online consultation or by calling us at (209) 554-1700, and we’ll guide you further.